To all my friends, family, Kaitlyn’s friends and just everyone, that have posted here on my page, on Kaitlyn’s page, and their own pages; I have gone through and read every single one over and over again and I cannot begin to tell you what a comfort these words are to me and my family. It means so much to us that she was thought so highly of and the respect or her and us as her family goes so far in helping us through this unbearable time. For some people, they may not can face posting about the death of their beloved daughter, but it helps me as some sort of outlet. So thank you all. Also, thank you for the great number of people that came to the visitation last night, those from near and from very far meant SO very much to us. I never realized that a touch, a word, and a hug can go so far for someone who is in unbearable grief. Those who know me know just what store I set in my wonderful daughter. The sun did rise and set in her and it’s going to be so hard to see that sun rise and set without her ever again. As I ALWAYS told her, “I love you bigger than the universe. The universe in all it’s vastness can never hold all the love I have for you.” I hope you have found peace in your soul. To all, thank you for helping us, for remembering my precious girl, and please…..never forget.
- 319,532 hits
You can purchase my new book here:
My name is Rhonda. I'm a registered nurse, for the last 20 years, that has not been able to work since the day I learned of my daughter's death by suicide 4-12-13. (She actually died 4-11-13 and her body was not found until the 12th) Me and my husband have been married for 32 years and he's a wonderful man. We grieve in different ways. He works, I write. This is my journey through this horrible land of losing a child..
Top Posts & Pages
- Eulogy for a Suicide
- Please don't send me messages like this
- The Ignorance About Depression
- A Father's Grief Over His 15 Year Old Son's Suicide
- Medical Student and Physician Depression and Suicide
- Existential Depression In Gifted Children
- The loss of my daughter Kaitlyn by suicide
- In Memory of my daughter Kaitlyn Elkins 1-19-90 to 4-11-13
- One Day When I Die.......
- Videos that are important to me
Blogs I Follow
- Amanda Trusty Says
- caitybee370's Blog
- Artist & Visual Explainer of things
- 68 Ways to Remember You
- "Holiday Recovery Starts Here~A Bet Free, Sober, & Clean Blog~Sharing Hope in Recovery One Day at a Time"
- Living, Breathing, and Surviving, and Coping with Mental Illness
- Bipolar in Medical School
- Daring Greatly
- This Is Your Sign!
- "Happy Holidays~Cat Lyon's Reading & Writing Den"
- Matthew Fried's Blog
- I fall to pieces
- Gone Catawampus
- Means on toast
- I Survived a Murder Attack -- My Family Didn't
- climbing up the polka dot tree
- A Haze in the Starlight
- Hollowed Out...
- Happy, Seriously.
- Despair to Deliverance
- Wexler Family Psychiatry
- Dear Daniel
- Libba Bray
- Losing a child to Suicide
- Escaping Elegance
- The Suburban Sister
- James' World 2
- James' Funnies
- Minuscule Moments of Inspiration
- Uncle Spike's Adventures
- Shirley's Heaven
- I Am My Own Island
- A Mother's Grief and Learning to Live Again
- The 50-something life of a Southern gal
- A MOTHERS' SORROW
- Zachary, Forever 21
- The Infinite Fountain
- The Mindset Effect
- Mental Health Stigma--Neurofool
- Andyo1976's Blog
- Americana Injustica
- Sad Mum Happy Mum
- An unwanted W