Somehow I am able to post this message to all of Kaitlyn’s friends so they will know. Kaitlyn took her own life and is no longer with us. This happened at her apartment yesterday and was only today that the message she sent the office manager was seen by him. It turns out, in the letter she wrote to us, that she had been depressed for a very long time. We had no earthly idea as she was always happy around us, loving medical school, her running and everything she did. She was looking so forward to her upcoming last 2 years of medical school in clinicals. I know she would want all of you to know this. Our hearts are broken for our sweet girl that we didn’t know was in such pain. To all her friends, thank you for being a part of her life. If anyone would like to know about her funeral arrangements, we will know by tomorrow at 1100. But we do know it will be here near her hometown in Clarkton. Please call us if you would like to know. Our # is 910-640-0536 (my cell). Kaitlyn was the sweetest person that could ever be and our joy. We will never be the same. She made very good grades in medical school……we just don’t understand……
- 309,250 hits
You can purchase my new book here:
My name is Rhonda. I'm a registered nurse, for the last 20 years, that has not been able to work since the day I learned of my daughter's death by suicide 4-12-13. (She actually died 4-11-13 and her body was not found until the 12th) Me and my husband have been married for 32 years and he's a wonderful man. We grieve in different ways. He works, I write. This is my journey through this horrible land of losing a child..
Top Posts & Pages
- Kaitlyn's visit and message
- From Anne with an "e" to a suicide note
- Existential Depression In Gifted Children
- Eulogy for a Suicide
- Please don't send me messages like this
- The Ignorance About Depression
- I went to a grief counselor today
- Rocks in an overcoat
- Depression and the creative and gifted mind
Blogs I Follow
- Amanda Trusty Says
- caitybee370's Blog
- Does this news have pictures?
- 68 Ways to Remember You
- Recovery Starts Here! A Gambling Free and Sober Blog~Sharing Hope In Recovery One Day At A Time.
- Living, Breathing, and Surviving, and Coping with Mental Illness
- Bipolar in Medical School
- This Is Your Sign!
- "Welcome To ~Cat Lyon's Reading Den"
- Matthew Fried's Blog
- I fall to pieces
- Gone Catawampus
- Means on toast
- I Survived a Murder Attack -- My Family Didn't
- climbing up the polka dot tree
- A Haze in the Starlight
- Hollowed Out...
- Happy, Seriously.
- Despair to Deliverance
- Wexler Family Psychiatry
- Dear Daniel
- Libba Bray
- Losing a child to Suicide
- Escaping Elegance
- The Suburban Sister
- James' World 2
- James' Funnies
- Minuscule Moments of Inspiration
- Uncle Spike's Adventures
- Shirley's Heaven
- I Am My Own Island
- A Mother's Grief and Learning to Live Again
- The 50-something life of a Southern gal
- A MOTHERS' SORROW
- Zachary, Forever 21
- The Infinite Fountain
- The Mindset Effect
- Mental Health Stigma--Neurofool
- Andyo1976's Blog
- Americana Injustica
- Sad Mum Happy Mum
- An unwanted W