I know I said it was the last post of the night earlier, but it’s 1:33 a.m. So I didn’t lie. 🙂 Facebook can be a wonderful thing. I went through Kaitlyn’s timeline all the way back to 2007 and read as her life unfolded and all the things she was happy about. Funny, she always sounded so happy. Then I noticed to the far right on the screen, as sometimes has it, her name was listed. Of course there was no green light indicating she was online, but I clicked on it anyway and saw all our private messages for a few years, then I made one false move with my finger and poof, the conversation was gone as well as her name on the list. Poof, she was gone. Facebook does imitate real life sometimes.
- 319,532 hits
You can purchase my new book here:
My name is Rhonda. I'm a registered nurse, for the last 20 years, that has not been able to work since the day I learned of my daughter's death by suicide 4-12-13. (She actually died 4-11-13 and her body was not found until the 12th) Me and my husband have been married for 32 years and he's a wonderful man. We grieve in different ways. He works, I write. This is my journey through this horrible land of losing a child..
Top Posts & Pages
- Eulogy for a Suicide
- Please don't send me messages like this
- The Ignorance About Depression
- A Father's Grief Over His 15 Year Old Son's Suicide
- Medical Student and Physician Depression and Suicide
- Existential Depression In Gifted Children
- The loss of my daughter Kaitlyn by suicide
- In Memory of my daughter Kaitlyn Elkins 1-19-90 to 4-11-13
- One Day When I Die.......
- Videos that are important to me
Blogs I Follow
- Amanda Trusty Says
- caitybee370's Blog
- Artist & Visual Explainer of things
- 68 Ways to Remember You
- "Holiday Recovery Starts Here~A Bet Free, Sober, & Clean Blog~Sharing Hope in Recovery One Day at a Time"
- Living, Breathing, and Surviving, and Coping with Mental Illness
- Bipolar in Medical School
- Daring Greatly
- This Is Your Sign!
- "Happy Holidays~Cat Lyon's Reading & Writing Den"
- Matthew Fried's Blog
- I fall to pieces
- Gone Catawampus
- Means on toast
- I Survived a Murder Attack -- My Family Didn't
- climbing up the polka dot tree
- A Haze in the Starlight
- Hollowed Out...
- Happy, Seriously.
- Despair to Deliverance
- Wexler Family Psychiatry
- Dear Daniel
- Libba Bray
- Losing a child to Suicide
- Escaping Elegance
- The Suburban Sister
- James' World 2
- James' Funnies
- Minuscule Moments of Inspiration
- Uncle Spike's Adventures
- Shirley's Heaven
- I Am My Own Island
- A Mother's Grief and Learning to Live Again
- The 50-something life of a Southern gal
- A MOTHERS' SORROW
- Zachary, Forever 21
- The Infinite Fountain
- The Mindset Effect
- Mental Health Stigma--Neurofool
- Andyo1976's Blog
- Americana Injustica
- Sad Mum Happy Mum
- An unwanted W