I just want to thank every single person that has posted on facebook, sent private messages to me, came to my house, brought food, talked to us, went to Visitation, or her funeral, sent sympathy cards and have called. I never ever fully realized the healing power of friends that lend their support during a horrible tragedy and it renews my faith in mankind that I admit, had really been in great decline. Food that was brought to our house was not systematically written down so I don’t know who to send thank you notes to, but please know that it was all appreciated. I continue to get great support from all the kind messages, posts and all that I get. I don’t even know where I will go from here, I’m an RN and don’t have the heart to even do that anymore and need a new path in life. But for right now, I am so grief stricken, heart broken, confused, surprised, and in a time warp that I don’t know how to escape from. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you.
- 319,532 hits
You can purchase my new book here:
My name is Rhonda. I'm a registered nurse, for the last 20 years, that has not been able to work since the day I learned of my daughter's death by suicide 4-12-13. (She actually died 4-11-13 and her body was not found until the 12th) Me and my husband have been married for 32 years and he's a wonderful man. We grieve in different ways. He works, I write. This is my journey through this horrible land of losing a child..
Top Posts & Pages
- Eulogy for a Suicide
- Please don't send me messages like this
- The Ignorance About Depression
- A Father's Grief Over His 15 Year Old Son's Suicide
- Medical Student and Physician Depression and Suicide
- Existential Depression In Gifted Children
- The loss of my daughter Kaitlyn by suicide
- In Memory of my daughter Kaitlyn Elkins 1-19-90 to 4-11-13
- One Day When I Die.......
- Videos that are important to me
Blogs I Follow
- Amanda Trusty Says
- caitybee370's Blog
- Artist & Visual Explainer of things
- 68 Ways to Remember You
- "Holiday Recovery Starts Here~A Bet Free, Sober, & Clean Blog~Sharing Hope in Recovery One Day at a Time"
- Living, Breathing, and Surviving, and Coping with Mental Illness
- Bipolar in Medical School
- Daring Greatly
- This Is Your Sign!
- "Happy Holidays~Cat Lyon's Reading & Writing Den"
- Matthew Fried's Blog
- I fall to pieces
- Gone Catawampus
- Means on toast
- I Survived a Murder Attack -- My Family Didn't
- climbing up the polka dot tree
- A Haze in the Starlight
- Hollowed Out...
- Happy, Seriously.
- Despair to Deliverance
- Wexler Family Psychiatry
- Dear Daniel
- Libba Bray
- Losing a child to Suicide
- Escaping Elegance
- The Suburban Sister
- James' World 2
- James' Funnies
- Minuscule Moments of Inspiration
- Uncle Spike's Adventures
- Shirley's Heaven
- I Am My Own Island
- A Mother's Grief and Learning to Live Again
- The 50-something life of a Southern gal
- A MOTHERS' SORROW
- Zachary, Forever 21
- The Infinite Fountain
- The Mindset Effect
- Mental Health Stigma--Neurofool
- Andyo1976's Blog
- Americana Injustica
- Sad Mum Happy Mum
- An unwanted W