- 313,284 hits
You can purchase my new book here:
My name is Rhonda. I'm a registered nurse, for the last 20 years, that has not been able to work since the day I learned of my daughter's death by suicide 4-12-13. (She actually died 4-11-13 and her body was not found until the 12th) Me and my husband have been married for 32 years and he's a wonderful man. We grieve in different ways. He works, I write. This is my journey through this horrible land of losing a child..
Top Posts & Pages
- Eulogy for a Suicide
- Existential Depression In Gifted Children
- Please don't send me messages like this
- More info on Walk out of the Darkness for suicide prevention
- A Waste?
- The Ignorance About Depression
- A poem to my daughter
- One Day When I Die.......
- Medical Student and Physician Depression and Suicide
Blogs I Follow
- Amanda Trusty Says
- caitybee370's Blog
- Artist and Visual Explainer of things
- 68 Ways to Remember You
- ~Recovery Starts Here~ A Bet Free, Sober, & Clean Blog~ Sharing Hope in Recovery One Day at a Time~
- Living, Breathing, and Surviving, and Coping with Mental Illness
- Bipolar in Medical School
- This Is Your Sign!
- "Welcome To Cat Lyon's Reading & Writing Den"
- Matthew Fried's Blog
- I fall to pieces
- Gone Catawampus
- Means on toast
- I Survived a Murder Attack -- My Family Didn't
- climbing up the polka dot tree
- A Haze in the Starlight
- Hollowed Out...
- Happy, Seriously.
- Despair to Deliverance
- Wexler Family Psychiatry
- Dear Daniel
- Libba Bray
- Losing a child to Suicide
- Escaping Elegance
- The Suburban Sister
- James' World 2
- James' Funnies
- Minuscule Moments of Inspiration
- Uncle Spike's Adventures
- Shirley's Heaven
- I Am My Own Island
- A Mother's Grief and Learning to Live Again
- The 50-something life of a Southern gal
- A MOTHERS' SORROW
- Zachary, Forever 21
- The Infinite Fountain
- The Mindset Effect
- Mental Health Stigma--Neurofool
- Andyo1976's Blog
- Americana Injustica
- Sad Mum Happy Mum
- An unwanted W
Monthly Archives: December 2013
I’ve always loved the movie Patch Adams and had not watched it in a long time. I’m kind of strange in the fact that since Kaitlyn died, I try to avoid most movies that have anything to do with doctors … Continue reading
I belong to a forum for people that have lost loved ones to suicide. This is a video a guy made that just lost his girlfriend last month. It made me cry. I feel so bad for him….for her….her family. … Continue reading
I love days like today; when it rains so much and so hard that it reflects how I feel inside and the tears I have shed since 4-12-13. Only I have shed more tears than this day ever will. So … Continue reading
I was just washing dishes just now and the last items I washed were 2 baking cookie sheet pans. I use them for French fries, cookies, chicken wings and that sort of thing. Mine was battered, bent, scratched, had burnt … Continue reading
Now it’s the day after Christmas and I feel that the veil of comfort and the shield that protected me from the horror of being totally enveloped in grief has lifted and disintegrated. Back to reality and the missing of … Continue reading
Just a final word for today. I feared that this Christmas would be such an agonizing event that I may not have been able to leave my house. Not having Kaitlyn here for Christmas is so horrible and I saw … Continue reading
In 30 seconds. Kaitlyn was 9 years old.