- 350,947 hits
You can purchase my new book here:
My name is Rhonda. I'm a registered nurse, for the last 20 years, that has not been able to work since the day I learned of my daughter's death by suicide 4-12-13. (She actually died 4-11-13 and her body was not found until the 12th) Me and my husband have been married for 32 years and he's a wonderful man. We grieve in different ways. He works, I write. This is my journey through this horrible land of losing a child..
Top Posts & Pages
- Videos that are important to me
- Medical Student and Physician Depression and Suicide
- One Day When I Die.......
- A Waste?
- The Latest Review of My Book
- When Kaitlyn Was 15
- Inner Demons???
- Morning Glories, Peaches and My Kaitlyn's Spirit
- In Remembrance of Kaitlyn Elkins by Wake Forest School of Medicine
- My Epiphany
Blogs I Follow
- Amanda Trusty Says
- caitybee370's Blog
- 68 Ways to Remember You
- Bet Free Recovery Now Shares Hope, Support, & Resources From Problem Gambling & Recovery.
- Living, Breathing, and Surviving, and Coping with Mental Illness
- Bipolar in Medical School
- Daring Greatly
- This Is Your Sign!
- Cat Lyon's Reading & Writing Den
- Fried's Blog
- I fall to pieces
- Gone Catawampus
- Means on toast
- I Survived a Murder Attack -- My Family Didn't
- climbing up the polka dot tree
- A Haze in the Starlight
- Hollowed Out...
- Happy, Seriously.
- Despair to Deliverance
- Wexler Family Psychiatry
- Dear Daniel
- Libba Bray
- Losing a child to Suicide
- Escaping Elegance
- James' World 2
- James' Funnies
- Minuscule Moments of Inspiration
- Uncle Spike's Adventures
- I Am My Own Island
- A Mother's Grief and Learning to Live Again
- The 50-something life of a Southern gal
- A MOTHERS' SORROW
- Zachary, Forever 21
- The Infinite Fountain
- The Mindset Effect
- Mental Health Stigma--Neurofool
- Andyo1976's Blog
- Americana Injustica
- An unwanted W
- PhoebeMD: Medicine + Poetry
- Sheri Lawrence de Grom
- Welcome to ghost talk blog
Monthly Archives: April 2014
I have just read the email sent to me from a medical student from where Kaitlyn attended medical school, Wake Forest School of Medicine. This young woman was not in the same class as Kaitlyn but she said she and … Continue reading
I absolutely cannot believe that I have not shared this memory of Kaitlyn before anywhere because it’s one of the sweetest memories I have of her, and I have so very many. Ever since she was a wee thing, she … Continue reading
When I go out to Kaitlyn’s memorial flower garden in my yard once or twice a day, I feel her presence there. In all the nature and the beautiful things that were so lovingly planted in her remembrance, she is … Continue reading
Of course I wouldn’t be able to stand it if I could not put the batch of old photos of Kaitlyn and our family that was given to me this weekend by my family onto a video slide. I have … Continue reading
I had mentioned earlier that I had decided to plant a memorial flower garden in Kaitlyn’s honor. I was not sure the weather would be warm enough on the date that marked the one year of her passing, but by … Continue reading
I heard tonight from one of the deans of Wake Forest Med that have kept in touch with us since Kaitlyn’s death. There were two deans of the school that met with us at Kaitlyn’s apartment on that tragic day … Continue reading
I wanted to post on my blog the beautiful tribute to my daughter Kaitlyn from my friend Randall that he put on my facebook this morning. I think it’s one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever read and it … Continue reading
Though I am going to post this on 4-11-14, the day Kaitlyn died last year, I’m actually starting this writing on 4-10-14. I feel moved to write today, 4-10-14 because exactly one year ago today my daughter Kaitlyn did not … Continue reading