- 350,879 hits
You can purchase my new book here:
My name is Rhonda. I'm a registered nurse, for the last 20 years, that has not been able to work since the day I learned of my daughter's death by suicide 4-12-13. (She actually died 4-11-13 and her body was not found until the 12th) Me and my husband have been married for 32 years and he's a wonderful man. We grieve in different ways. He works, I write. This is my journey through this horrible land of losing a child..
Top Posts & Pages
- Videos that are important to me
- Medical Student and Physician Depression and Suicide
- One Day When I Die.......
- A Waste?
- The Latest Review of My Book
- When Kaitlyn Was 15
- Inner Demons???
- Morning Glories, Peaches and My Kaitlyn's Spirit
- In Remembrance of Kaitlyn Elkins by Wake Forest School of Medicine
- My Epiphany
Blogs I Follow
- Amanda Trusty Says
- caitybee370's Blog
- 68 Ways to Remember You
- Bet Free Recovery Now Shares Hope, Support, & Resources From Problem Gambling & Recovery.
- Living, Breathing, and Surviving, and Coping with Mental Illness
- Bipolar in Medical School
- Daring Greatly
- This Is Your Sign!
- Cat Lyon's Reading & Writing Den
- Fried's Blog
- I fall to pieces
- Gone Catawampus
- Means on toast
- I Survived a Murder Attack -- My Family Didn't
- climbing up the polka dot tree
- A Haze in the Starlight
- Hollowed Out...
- Happy, Seriously.
- Despair to Deliverance
- Wexler Family Psychiatry
- Dear Daniel
- Libba Bray
- Losing a child to Suicide
- Escaping Elegance
- James' World 2
- James' Funnies
- Minuscule Moments of Inspiration
- Uncle Spike's Adventures
- I Am My Own Island
- A Mother's Grief and Learning to Live Again
- The 50-something life of a Southern gal
- A MOTHERS' SORROW
- Zachary, Forever 21
- The Infinite Fountain
- The Mindset Effect
- Mental Health Stigma--Neurofool
- Andyo1976's Blog
- Americana Injustica
- An unwanted W
- PhoebeMD: Medicine + Poetry
- Sheri Lawrence de Grom
- Welcome to ghost talk blog
Tag Archives: adolescence
“Funny when you’re dead how people start listening.”….. I just want to make a statement here and beg everyone that never takes that opportunity to know the quiet ones, to take that chance, you may miss out on the best … Continue reading
A fellow blogger posted a wonderful post about my blog and how Kaitlyn’s story affected his life. It means so much to me that it has made such a difference in his life and I hope with all my heart … Continue reading
I had a great gift given to me the other day. A young woman e-mailed me that had gone to the program at UNC-Wilmington during the summer of 2006 called “Summer Ventures in Science and Math.” It was a program … Continue reading
got another gift today. One of Kaitlyn’s friends, Summer Britt, that she was friends with growing up in school met me today so I could sign her copy of my book. When I met her we talked for a long … Continue reading
Last night I put on sweat pants and a sweat shirt, got my new lounge chair, drug it out into the darkest part of my yard, laid down flat on it, covered myself with what was Kaitlyn’s afghan when she … Continue reading
That place is where Kaitlyn always visits me. I know exactly what Marie is talking about.
Physician & Medical Student Depression & Suicide from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention has much information on depression and suicide in the medical profession and medical schools. Physician and Medical Student Depression and Suicide Male physicians have a 70% higher suicide rate than males in other professions; … Continue reading