- 352,322 hits
You can purchase my new book here:
My name is Rhonda. I'm a registered nurse, for the last 20 years, that has not been able to work since the day I learned of my daughter's death by suicide 4-12-13. (She actually died 4-11-13 and her body was not found until the 12th) Me and my husband have been married for 32 years and he's a wonderful man. We grieve in different ways. He works, I write. This is my journey through this horrible land of losing a child..
Top Posts & Pages
- Videos that are important to me
- Medical Student and Physician Depression and Suicide
- One Day When I Die.......
- A Waste?
- The Latest Review of My Book
- When Kaitlyn Was 15
- Inner Demons???
- Morning Glories, Peaches and My Kaitlyn's Spirit
- In Remembrance of Kaitlyn Elkins by Wake Forest School of Medicine
- My Epiphany
Blogs I Follow
- Amanda Trusty Says
- caitybee370's Blog
- 68 Ways to Remember You
- Bet Free Recovery Now Shares Hope, Recovery From Gambling Addiction, News & Resources.
- Living, Breathing, and Surviving, and Coping with Mental Illness
- Bipolar in Medical School
- Daring Greatly
- This Is Your Sign!
- Cat Lyon's Reading & Writing Den
- Fried's Blog
- I fall to pieces
- Gone Catawampus
- Means on toast
- I Survived a Murder Attack -- My Family Didn't
- climbing up the polka dot tree
- A Haze in the Starlight
- Hollowed Out...
- Happy, Seriously.
- Despair to Deliverance
- Wexler Family Psychiatry
- Dear Daniel
- Libba Bray
- Losing a child to Suicide
- Escaping Elegance
- James' World 2
- James' Funnies
- Minuscule Moments of Inspiration
- Uncle Spike's Adventures
- I Am My Own Island
- A Mother's Grief and Learning to Live Again
- The 50-something life of a Southern gal
- A MOTHERS' SORROW
- Zachary, Forever 21
- The Infinite Fountain
- The Mindset Effect
- Mental Health Stigma--Neurofool
- Andyo1976's Blog
- Americana Injustica
- An unwanted W
- PhoebeMD: Health + Inspiration
- Sheri Lawrence de Grom
- Living in Stigma
Tag Archives: poetry
Some of you might remember last October when I told of the one single purple morning glory that we saw in the brush/wooded area in our back yard that was surrounded by nothing but dead brush. It was right there … Continue reading
One of my favorite poems that Kaitlyn wrote is “Dandelion.” I never knew of its existence until after she died and found where she had written it when she was in undergrad and it was in a publication they had. … Continue reading
got another gift today. One of Kaitlyn’s friends, Summer Britt, that she was friends with growing up in school met me today so I could sign her copy of my book. When I met her we talked for a long … Continue reading
“They are not long, the days of wine and roses: Out of a misty dream Our path emerges for awhile, then closes Within a dream.” –Ernest Dowson
Costume “Every morning I wake up And get ready for the costume ball I put on my mask And dress that is not my own This outfit I don Is not my true style But I wear it anyway Because … Continue reading
I Always Knew Trying So hard To reach your toys by crawling. Running searching Trying to reach the eggs Without falling. And you had eyes of blue Skin so fair and I always knew That I knew you so well … Continue reading
I’ve always loved the movie Patch Adams and had not watched it in a long time. I’m kind of strange in the fact that since Kaitlyn died, I try to avoid most movies that have anything to do with doctors … Continue reading