- 352,322 hits
You can purchase my new book here:
My name is Rhonda. I'm a registered nurse, for the last 20 years, that has not been able to work since the day I learned of my daughter's death by suicide 4-12-13. (She actually died 4-11-13 and her body was not found until the 12th) Me and my husband have been married for 32 years and he's a wonderful man. We grieve in different ways. He works, I write. This is my journey through this horrible land of losing a child..
Top Posts & Pages
- Videos that are important to me
- Medical Student and Physician Depression and Suicide
- One Day When I Die.......
- A Waste?
- The Latest Review of My Book
- When Kaitlyn Was 15
- Inner Demons???
- Morning Glories, Peaches and My Kaitlyn's Spirit
- In Remembrance of Kaitlyn Elkins by Wake Forest School of Medicine
- My Epiphany
Blogs I Follow
- Amanda Trusty Says
- caitybee370's Blog
- 68 Ways to Remember You
- Bet Free Recovery Now Shares Hope, Recovery From Gambling Addiction, News & Resources.
- Living, Breathing, and Surviving, and Coping with Mental Illness
- Bipolar in Medical School
- Daring Greatly
- This Is Your Sign!
- Cat Lyon's Reading & Writing Den
- Fried's Blog
- I fall to pieces
- Gone Catawampus
- Means on toast
- I Survived a Murder Attack -- My Family Didn't
- climbing up the polka dot tree
- A Haze in the Starlight
- Hollowed Out...
- Happy, Seriously.
- Despair to Deliverance
- Wexler Family Psychiatry
- Dear Daniel
- Libba Bray
- Losing a child to Suicide
- Escaping Elegance
- James' World 2
- James' Funnies
- Minuscule Moments of Inspiration
- Uncle Spike's Adventures
- I Am My Own Island
- A Mother's Grief and Learning to Live Again
- The 50-something life of a Southern gal
- A MOTHERS' SORROW
- Zachary, Forever 21
- The Infinite Fountain
- The Mindset Effect
- Mental Health Stigma--Neurofool
- Andyo1976's Blog
- Americana Injustica
- An unwanted W
- PhoebeMD: Health + Inspiration
- Sheri Lawrence de Grom
- Living in Stigma
Tag Archives: college
I’m disturbed by all suicides. This is such a problem in our society now. Something is so very, very wrong. But what I want to write about tonight is the alarming rate of medical student, resident, and physician suicide that … Continue reading
I have mentioned this book before because I used an article of the author’s in my book, but I have just finished it today and I’m totally convinced that if I had known of the emotional needs of gifted children … Continue reading
Physician & Medical Student Depression & Suicide from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention has much information on depression and suicide in the medical profession and medical schools. Physician and Medical Student Depression and Suicide Male physicians have a 70% higher suicide rate than males in other professions; … Continue reading
Though I am going to post this on 4-11-14, the day Kaitlyn died last year, I’m actually starting this writing on 4-10-14. I feel moved to write today, 4-10-14 because exactly one year ago today my daughter Kaitlyn did not … Continue reading
I think all parents and teenagers should read this article especially if they have teenagers approaching college. This is not to make parents or children fear college, but be more aware of the potential problems they may face. College students … Continue reading
This article was written by Dr. MICAELA WEXLER who is a pyschiatrist. She posted on my blog not long after Kaitlyn died. She graciously agreed to write something for my book and it is included in my book about depression … Continue reading